Tuesday, May 10, 2016

The Top 20 John Green Quotes

I love John Green just as much as the next girl.  His books perfectly capture what teenagers want in books--a little bit of romance, a little bit of drama, and a lot of adventure.  But what I love most about John Green is his eloquence with words.  He could take a list of completely unrelated things and turn them into something beautiful and inspiring.  His quotes have been plastered all over journals, bedroom walls, even sides of buildings.  Here are some of my favorites:

1. "You can love someone so much... But you can never love someone as much as you miss them." (An Abundance of Katherines)

2. "She is so beautiful.  You don't get tired of looking at her.  You never worry if she is smarter than you: you know she is.  She is funny without ever being mean.  I love her."  (The Fault in Our Stars)

3. "So I walked back to my room and collapsed on the bottom bunk, thinking that if people were rain, I was drizzle and she was a hurricane."  (Looking for Alaska)

4. "My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations." (The Fault in Our Stars)

5. "We need never be hopeless, because we can never be irreparably broken.  We think that we are invincible because we are."  (Looking for Alaska)

6. "What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable?" (An Abundance of Katherines)

7. "If you don't imagine, nothing ever happens at all." (Paper Towns)

8. "At some point, you gotta stop looking up at the sky, or one of these days you'll look back down and see that you floated away, too." (Paper Towns)

9. "I hated talking, and I hated listening to everyone else stumble on their words and try to phrase things in the vaguest possible way so they wouldn't sound dumb." (Looking for Alaska)

10. "I feel like my life is so scattered right now.  Like it's all the small pieces of paper and someone's turned on the fan.  But, talking to you makes me feel like the fan's been turned off for a little bit.  Like things could actually make sense.  You completely unscatter me, and I appreciate that so much." (Will Grayson, Will Grayson)


11. "You are so busy being you that you have no idea how utterly unprecedented you are." (The Fault in Our Stars)

12. "I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have, and I am in love with you." (The Fault in Our Stars)

13. "We are as indestructible as we believe ourselves to be." (Looking for Alaska)

14. "What matters to you defines your mattering." (An Abundance of Katherines)

15. "It is easy to forget how full the world is of people, full to bursting, and each of them imaginable and consistently misimagined." (Paper Towns)

16. "When things break, it's not the actual breaking that prevents them from getting back together again.  It's because a little piece gets lost--the two remaining ends couldn't fit together even if they wanted to.  The whole shape has changed." (Will Grayson, Will Grayson)

17. "The real heroes anyway aren't the people doing things; the real heroes are the people NOTICING things, paying attention." (The Fault in Our Stars)

18. "I'm not saying that everything is survivable.  Just that everything except the last thing is." (Paper Towns)

19. "You spend your whole life stuck in the labyrinth, thinking about how you'll escape one day, and how awesome it will be, and imagining that future keeps you going, but you never do it.  You just use the future to escape the present." (Looking for Alaska)

20. "I've lived here for eighteen years and I have never once in my life come across anyone who cares about anything that matters." (Paper Towns)

No comments:

Post a Comment