Monday, May 16, 2016

My Favorite Comedian Books

Over the past few years, tons of comedians have come out with their own personal memoirs.  I most recently read Amy Poehler's Yes Please, a hilarious collection of essays, poems, reflections, and lots of jokes.

While Amy's book was pretty funny, and while I love her more than anything in the world, I wasn't totally impressed by her work.  Maybe if I had read her book before I read Bossypants by Tina Fey, I would have been more satisfied.

If you're considering reading a book by a comedian, I wouldn't recommend Yes Please--unless you just really love Amy Poehler.  Tina Fey's Bossypants, Mindy Kaling's Why Not Me?, BJ Novak's One More Thing, and Aziz Ansari's Modern Romance are all completely worthy titles.  My recommendation: pick which comedian you like best.  Tina Fey is my spirit animal, so I read her book first and fell even more in love with her.  These books are filled with jokes and hilarious tales, so you're going to love the book by the comedian that you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment