Sunday, January 31, 2016

40 Books That I'm Reading in 2016

My New Year's resolution is to read more books! Last year, I met my goal of 25, so this year I hope to read 40 books (at least!)

So when I put together my list, it was actually super challenging.  Through the cross-outs and additions (and cross-outs again), I think I finally have my perfect 2016 reading list--so now I'm sharing it with you!


1. Yes Please by Amy Poehler
2. In Some Other World, Maybe by Shari Goldhagen
3. Mosquitoland by David Arnold
4. The Vacationers by Emma Straub
5. Still Alice by Lisa Genova
6. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
7. The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp
8. Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
9. A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
10. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher


11. The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Macker
12. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson
13. Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen
14. In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
15. Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote
16. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
17. Life of Pi by Yann Martel
18. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
19. Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett
20. The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides


21. I Was Told There'd Be Cake by Sloane Crosley
22. Anthropology of an American Girl by Hilary Thayer Hamann
23. The Beautiful and Damned by F. Scott Fitzgerald
24. When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead
25. Where'd You Go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple
26. 11/22/63 by Stephen King
27. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Johnathan Safran Foer
28. Wonder by R.J. Palacio
29. White Teeth by Zadie Smith
30. Bossypants by Tina Fey


31. Know Your Beholder  by Adam Rapp
32. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
33. The Unloved by Deborah Levy
34. A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce
35. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
36. Area X: The Southern Reach Trilogy by Jeff VanderMeer
37. The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay
38. Commencement by J. Courtney Sullivan
39. No One Belongs Here More Than You by Miranda July
40. Adulting: How to Become a Grown-Up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps by Kelly Williams Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment