Monday, January 18, 2016

4 Pinterest Boards All Writers Should Have

I, like many other people my age, have this wild dream of becoming an author.  We're inspired by J.K. Rowling, John Green, and Brandon Stanton to become the next great thing.

At this point, I have about 9 stories swirling around in my head--none of which are anywhere close to complete.  So when I get stuck with writer's block or just can't figure out where to take the plot, I need to do some brainstorming.  My favorite way to do that is to create storyboards on Pinterest.  With a little hunting through Pinterest and Google, I can put together all of the inspiring images into one spot, so when I write, I can simply find my storyboards and get the words flowing.  So here is a list of my 4 boards; hopefully you'll find at least one that will work for whatever story you have stuck in your head!!

1. Characters

For this board, I look up pictures of people that match my descriptions for characters.  For example, the two pictures I added in here are the images that I have in my head for two of my characters (in two different stories).  This board mainly helps me when I'm trying to describe the physical description of a character, or trying to develop relationships among them.




2. Settings

When I first introduce a new scene, I have to picture that scene in my head.  This board helps me immensely when it comes to that.  These pictures of an interstate bridge in Tallahassee (left) and a random home that I found on Pinterest (right) both give me the images I need to show my readers what I want them to see.







3. Quotes

For those moments when I just cannot come up with something profound to say.  These quotes give me a jumping ground to write about something that will (hopefully) stick with the readers.  They also inspire me to keep writing :)




4. Writing Tips

Of course, you need a whole board that will give you advice for when you need to tweak your story and make it perfect.  My tips board has hundreds of Pins that make my writing easier to understand and more enjoyable to read.


For more inspiration, visit my Pinterest page or my new favorite writing page, Novel Inspiration.  Happy writing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment