Sunday, September 20, 2015

Getting Lost with Adi Alsaid

This summer, my ultimate goal was to read, read, read.  But then I got busy--I went to Italy, I worked at my local theater, and I basically spent three months trying to make every single second of my summer worth it.  So, naturally, I didn't get a chance to read very much.  I did, though, get to read Adi Alsaid's breakthrough novel, Let's Get Lost.

Let's Get Lost is faintly similar to John Green's Paper Towns (and the film version of this novel dropped this summer, which was pretty fitting).  In Alsaid's novel, the story shifts viewpoints through four different characters, all intertwined through one single character--Leila.

Now, my main focus when I picked up this book was that it was going to be my summer read.  This was my beach book, my airplane book, and my "I really don't feel like watching all 10 seasons of Friends again, so I'll just read this book" book.  I didn't want something that was going to force me to think too much--and that's exactly what I got.  Let's Get Lost is fast-paced and, at times, way too predictable.  But that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy this book--no, I actually really loved this book.

So, yeah, I would absolutely recommend this to anyone who's looking for a quick read (the book is over 300 pages, but I read it in a couple of days).  If you want something that has a little bit of romance, a little bit of adventure, and a little bit of mystery, you need to pick this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment